Come in to our everyday post on compostable capsules. One can get a lot of interesting insights, so we really hope. Other meaningful articles on natural coffee pods are for instance from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Do browse our good blog on compostable coffee pods.
Next time you are at your preferred coffee bar and someone catches your eye, here are ten intriguing coffee truths that you can use to break the ice:
1) Coffee is thought to be an aphrodisiac. Because it includes a high dosage of caffeine and other different alkaloids, studies have actually shown that coffee can increase endurance and the general length of intimate encounters.
2) Although coffee has actually pertained to the Arab culture for thousands of years, it did not enter into the western world up until the 1500s. Before that time, priests thought that coffee was a beverage of the devil. Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of thinking by taking a sip of coffee and after that providing it his true blessing.
3) Japan's official Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe in it or not, there is a country, and a tea drinking nation at that, which has a main coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work much more? We will never ever know.
4) One acre of coffee trees can yield near ten thousand pounds of cherries. There are still nearly two thousand pounds of coffee beans once they are milled or hulled.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow absolutely no coffee. The state that yields coffee beans is Hawaii. Is that to keep the surfers awake, we wonder? When the Big Wave of your life is on the horizon, you do not want to be asleep.
6) Germany is the 2nd largest coffee customer in the world. Forty-three percent of Germans include sweetener to their coffee, while just twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top customer of coffee) make use of any type of sweetener in their coffee. Ok, this was more about sweetener than coffee however you understand.
7) The English word coffee is derived from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you questioned, the word "genus" is a principal taxonomic classification that ranks above species and below a family. Any smarter? Hm, thank you Wikipedia.
8) Every single among the 53 countries that grows coffee lies along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us a great indicator on what the best coffee growing weather requires to look like.
9) On average, individuals who buy their coffee from drive-through windows before work will invest around forty-five hours every year waiting in line for their coffee. That is what is called enthusiasm!
10) Petroleum is the only item that is traded more than coffee. The amount of coffee produced around the globe is close to 6 million metric tonnes per annum.
Next time you drink coffee, or want to begin a discussion about coffee or in general, you have a couple of curiosities to show off.
We at coffee company Moving Beans are a start-up that has provided compostable Nespresso-compatible capsules for a long time, with more info at Moving Beans. Or go through a related blog on compostable coffee pods. We were one of the first to sell aluminium-free Nespresso-compatible coffee capsules.